Fireplace

2005
Saturday, April 16

We had an appointment with the fireplace place at 1pm today. It wasn't exactly what we were expecting I think. I was expecting a showroom a little bit more modern, but maybe I'm a little more atypical than I thought I was.

A couple months back, I came up with a design. It's not, in my mind, the most radical idea.... it's a basic corner fireplace, but it has stone on just the sides and 2 asymmetrical shelves about it. The stone will be ledge stone, which we're also going to use on the front of the house. I also am hoping that we can have an inset cut out of the drywall and have a light in it above the shelves.



The fireplace guy seemed kinda intrigued by it. So, I guess it was radical, considering most of the showroom was traditional stuff.... *shrugs*.

We had to compromise with my design with the black color of the insert. They only come in black. We originally wanted all light colors, I didn't even think about the fact that the fireplace insert would be black. Oh well.... even Frank Lloyd Wright designs had to compromise at times.

Comments

Popular Posts