Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Split-level issues

Tuesday, November 30

So.... get this...
I talked to Jon at Robar. He said that apparently the bank, as of a yr prior, doesn't see anything below ground as living space. This means that the bank will only lend us the money for 970 sqr feet, instead of for 1442 sqr ft. Basically, the bank won't give us the amount that the house is actually worth. Here's the best part... because of this, we have to pay the rest out of pocket. oh yeah... lovely.

There is good news as well. Because we are doing some of the work ourselves and we've decided to make monthly OFP payments on the interest... it should (in theory) balance out at the end. Key words... "in theory".

Though this sucks.... Jon said that hopefully, because the bank sees it this way, we might be able to talk the tax assessors into having lower taxes. He said that if the bank doesn't recognize the sub floor we have a case to attest to for the taxes.

Monday, November 29, 2004

Closing date on lot - almost

Monday, November 29

Well... closing day (Dec 1st) is almost here... and there goes my bank account. I'm excited, but at the same time scared as hell. I keep thinking... all that money.. all those hrs working and poof, it's gone. It sucks, but in the end I know it will be worth it, and Tim and I will have a cool little place of our own.

Friday, November 19, 2004

Soil test - approval

Friday, November 19

I received a faxed copy of the soil test from Barden. It seems like everything is good and they approved the lot as buildable.

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Closing date on lot

Wednesday, November 17

Jim called...
We found out that the affidavit has been signed and has been mailed to Jim.

to-do list...
-Find out how the perk test & soil test are doing (once those are in we can close
-Try to see if things would be ready by tomorrow

Jim will be away late Fri-Tues. He can push the close date til Tues 30th, but recommends not too much later. So we decided on Dec 1st as the Closing Day.

Monday, November 08, 2004

left message for Jim

Monday, November 8

Today I called Jim, though I knew he was out of town, I just wanted to at least leave a message and tell him the good news about the birdhouse. I figure the neighbor must have signed the affidavit.

Saturday, November 06, 2004

birdhouse removed

Saturday, November 6

I drove by the lot this morning, on my way to see Tim, and I was pleasantly surprise to see that the neighbor has removed the birdhouse and baby tree. I was sooo excited I couldn't wait to see Tim and tell him, so I called him from the road. H he was excited as well.

ahhhh.... finally good news :)

Friday, November 05, 2004

possible closing day

Friday, November 5

Talked to Jim...
He said he hasn't herd anything from the neighbor yet. Also... Jim said he'll be out of town till Tues 9th or Wed 10th (at latest) and hopefully we'll hear something by then.

Jim said that we have a possible closing day on the lot on the 19th, that is if we receive the signed affidavit and soil test by then.

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

soil test

Tuesday, November 2

We received the go ahead from Barden for a soil test via fax. I had to fax back a signature for the approval. Now they can go ahead with the soil test and get that over with.

It was kinda amusing... later on, at home, I actually receive by snail mail the same darn thing I signed and faxed earlier. Ha... ya gotta love snail mail.