Monster Cable

2005
Wednesday, May 18

Monster Cable installation
I decided to install in-wall speaker cable that would go throughout the house. I talked to my stereo-guru brother, as well as one of my coworkers and an employee at BestBuy and they all agreed that what I needed was cable called "Monster Cable XPHP". It's very heavy duty and is specifically meant for in-wall installation and has insulation that reduces signal loss from other nearby cables.

This stuff "is" a monster, it's so freakn thick.


I found an awesome place online (www.pagecomputers.com) to order it from, that was 1/2 the cost and it arrived yesterday. I called up my brother and asked if he was available, cause he graciously said that he'd do if for me. He did have a full day, but knowing that the insulation would be going in today, being the friend he is, he said he'd do it. Though... the catch was that we wouldn't be able to do it til late, but we did it anyways.

So, we had gone over there at about 11:45pm or so. The fact that the meter was hooked up on Tuesday made the job so-so much easier. He brought with him lot's of lights and we plugged them all in.

The biggest issue we had was stretching what we had. Length so so deceptive, as I learned. I wanted to have cable run through the family room, where our entertainment equipment would be to the living room. That was a lot of freakn cable! We used up almost every inch of 2 100 ft rolls of that monster. What caused that is having the 2 cables run up the wall, almost to the ceiling in the living room, stretching almost 13 feet up the wall, plus the length of running to the family room in the basement x's 2.

Well..... at 4:30 in the morning we were finally done. I felt badly for keeping my brother up so long, but he just kinda shrugged and simply replied, "no problem, this is fun to me". It was then that I realized how much I appreciated his friendship, as well as him being a handy guy, cause he didn't have to stay up that late, but he did.

Comments

Popular Posts