Hardwood floor shopping

2005
Saturday, May 28

Today was fun. Tim and I had gone Hardwood and paint shopping. The first stop was Lumber Liquidators, cause it closed at 3pm.

There were 2 things I noticed when I walked into the showroom.... the first was that it was a fairly small, but welcoming feeling, with a sales guy, who looked like he knew hardwood. The 2nd thing I noticed was a display for bamboo flooring. I didn't walk up to it right away, but I thought "hmmm" to myself. After looking at traditional hardwood for a bit, we then took a look at the bamboo. I was like "How cool is this??". Tim was so-so at first, but warmed up to it. In fact, we both warmed up to it so much we asked for samples.

I totally fell in love with it....... 2 reasons.... first being that it looks freakn cool.... the second being it's harder and even more stable than traditional hardwood. The kicker was that it only came in 5/8", instead of 3/4", which is what the stairs are set up for. We were bummed, but took the samples anyways in hopes that we can futz around the difference in height somehow.

It comes in 2 different patterns, vertical and horizontal. We can't decided which one we like better. The vertical has nice long lines, but small knots and is more inconspicuous being bamboo and the horizontal shows more of the knots and looks more like bamboo.







The 2nd place was definitely set up for a much large income cliental. We walked in and were greeted by a man in a black shirt, black pants and a tie. Everything was shiny, tidy and were on big displays. Even though the presentation was great, I felt like I was talking to a "sales" person, not a person that new wood. When I asked if they had any samples, he replied with asking me if I meant to loan out.

Well, needless to say, we agreed that we'd be going with Lumber Liquidators, unless we can find better.

Comments

Popular Posts