Reconstruct basement doorframe & primed

2006
Sunday, April 9

For the last couple of days I've been reconstructing part of the basement doorway. When the "perfect job" of the drywall was done, there was a horrible bow formed. This was due to a little of the framework not lineup up correctly, but mostly due to the hanging job. I blame the bow on the hangers, that was the moment that it could've very well been fixed. But..... since nor our builder or drywall people seem to care about details, like the entrance of someone's basement, this was never fixed. Basements and garages are on the bottom of the list it seemed. They didn't care how anything looked. Their philosophy was.... "it's just a basement".

I was told, by our foreman Joe, that it's only the basement and no one will see it... that it can be hidden by the trim. Well.... that's all great and dandy for him, but I see it every time I walk into the basement and it bugs the crap out of me. Our trimmer, Jim had done his best to "hide" it (as Joe put it), by the trim, but the bow was so bad that it didn't "hide" it at all.

The only way to really fix it, was to cut away the drywall and rebuild it. So that's what I've been doing for the last couple of days. Unfortunately, I can't find the images pics of my progress (it's either on another flash card or I deleted them off my camera)..... anyways......... I had taken some of the drywall, prior to the trim work that shows the bow though.








Since the plaster was done and dry, I started painting the primer in the stairwell today. I'm going to paint it the pebbled courtyard with one wall the orange. Hey... just cause it's just a basement to some, doesn't mean it can't be fun looking to me.

Comments

Popular Posts