Deck - Joists Started

2008
Sunday, August 31

Today was another good working day for working on the deck. In the morning we hung all the joist hangers on all of the decks. In the afternoon Tim's parents came for a visit to check out the progress.

While Tim's parents were visiting, his Dad helped me aline things for the joists for the Main deck. My parents cut the boards and it was a collaborative even getting these big joist boards in place. Especially the first joist board, which was the middle joists and had to be cut into a point, to fit in place. We measured perfectly and fit freakn awesome.

Tim screwed each joist into the joist hangers with a new close quarter drill, that my Dad bought for the job. The other main deck joists were cut on one end at a 45 degree angle in which we used my Uncle's sliding compound saw. My Dad was the best out of us, so he cut the boards for us.

From Deck


From Deck


From Deck


From Deck

Comments

Popular Posts