Circle - Wallstone (Area B - 2nd Course)

2006
Tuesday, October 10

Tim and I finished the 2nd course of Area B of the wallstone today. It was a bit difficult due to getting down to the last stones. It's not a great selection anymore and was harder to get have good fits and keep it level.

I think we managed to do a good job, with what we had. The next area will be a little easier I think. It's only going to be one course, plus the cider blocks, so nothing will be placed/balanced on top of them as the other areas.










I can't wait to pick up some decorative gravel and fill the area, we just finished. This may or may not work in the new york climate, but I plan on planting right in the gravel. I've seen flowers bloom right in the middle of a gravel road here before. Fine gravel/sand much acts like soil, holding water for plants just the same. I figure, why not? If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. If it does.... well..... it'll have a unique texture and color as a background for flowers/plants.


While I was at it, I also placed a Japanese Juniper in Area B. I'm pretty sure that will be it's home, but really, I just wanted something there to see what it

Comments

Popular Posts