Landing trim

2006
Sunday, January 22

Today my Dad and I finally had a chance to finish the trim on the landing. We hadn't finished it cause we couldn't figure out how we'd like to finish it off.

Originally, I had purchased bamboo nosing to hang over the edge of the landing, but the round nosing didn't match up with the straight lines of the rest of the trim. We didn't want to give up on having the bamboo there and tried to figure out a way to transition the two styles, but it just wasn't working. We finally scraped the idea of having the bamboo nosing and decided to run pine along the edge to match up with the rest of the pine trim along the railing.







I like the way it turned out and it looks good now that the pine trim style continues all the way along the landing edge. Now all I need to do is poly the stairs and I can finally check the stairs of the list.

Comments

Popular Posts