Clearing driveway

2005
Friday, March 25

This morning was the start of the clearing of the lot. I drove by the lot about 10:30am and they had started about 2 hrs prior. The trees were already cleared when I had gotten there and they just had started on covering the driveway with gravel. I automatically called Tim and my parents.

It was very cool to watch the gravel being dumped. The gravel was hulled to the lot by 2 very large trucks. We found out that both were very new... the one just had 150 miles on it. They had large conveyer belts that moved the gravel from the truck to the ground by dumping off this belt and basically sprayed and spread it all over the ground. It was surprisingly fairly controlled where the gravel fell off the belt.




It was sad to see the trees gone, but after some trees were cleared, the pine tree that I like was revealed to be a very cool looking tree. I definitely want to keep it!

Comments

Popular Posts