Firepit - Project Started

2010
Saturday, September 25

Way back in January I sketched an idea of a circular bench for the firepit area. It will be constructed using the same Trex board, we used on our deck. It'll be flipped on it's side and bent into a semi-circle. I'm also going to design and make 2 stained glass windows to flank either side.

From Firepit Project



In April I started constructing the stained glass windows that will flake the sides of it. I loooove the way it's turning out so far.






Today I started on prepping the firepit area for digging holes. The lumber for the circular bench has been sitting in our driveway for the last 2 months because we've been so busy that we haven't been able to work on it.

In the early afternoon I marked off where the post holes are going to go....there are 18 of them...lol. Because the boards will be bent in a curve, I wanted to make sure I gave it a lil extra strength to hold everything in place, so that's why there are so many posts for it.

Comments

Popular Posts