Basement Workbench - Saw & Studs

2010
Sunday, April 25

Today I started on a project I've been wanting to do since we built. I started constructing my lil work area in the basement.

When we built, I decided that under the stairs, in the basement, was a perfect lil spot. I had our electrician install a light and 2 outlets, for this future project. For 5 yrs it's been waiting there for me. I had the perfect initiative to get started on it, when my stained glass class ended as I need somewhere to finish the window, for the firepit area.






And today I got started by purchasing something that I've been wanting to for a while now..... the DeWalt (DW718) 12" Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw.


For non-tool people...

Miter - the blade can swivel right to left to do angled cuts



Bevel - the blade can rotate side to side (non-perpendicular to table)



Compound Miter - the blade can both miter and bevel
Siding (Compound Miter) - as well as both being able to miter and bevel, the blade can move and forth or "slide" to cut larger/wider pcs of wood.

I was in debate about it cause of the price and then my Mom reminded me that there are MANY projects to come through the yrs and it'll last a lifetime. So thanks to some birthday money from family, I treated myself :)

So, now that I have my saw, I can build stuff anytime I'd like. And tonight I cut the first piece of 2x4's for some extra supports where the I'm going to hang drywall.

Comments

Popular Posts