Dry lubricant

2008
Sunday, December 14

Our panel curtains were starting to feel like they had a bit of friction and needed a spray of lubricant. I didn't want to spray WD-40, which is an oil, and get it on the material, so I had gone looking for a "dry lubricant".

There are a couple of different ones. The two I tried were dry graphite and dry wax lubricants. I bought the dry-graphite from The Home Depot yesterday and tried it out. Besides turing my wall and hands black, when tried to clean up an oops, it did not work well for what I used it on.

On the other hand, today I bought DuPont Teflon Multi-Use Dry, Wax Lubricant, at Lowes. It's a dry wax lubricant.... and it worked great! I mean great! It made the panel curtain guide so well I wanted to try it on other things around the house. I tried it on one of our drawers, in the kitchen, that had been tough to open fully, and it pulled right out. It was awesome. I had gone a little crazy with it and Tim had to stop me cause the house started to stick with it.

In any case DuPont Teflon Multi-Use Dry, Wax Lubricant is awesome.

Comments

Popular Posts