Firepit - Started Seat

2010
Sunday, October 31

I started on the seat part of the firepit bench today. The seat will be made up of the same Trex composite boards, flipped on their sides and curved to form the half circle. First though, I bought a new tool. I bought the DEWALT 7-1/4 in (DW369CSK) circular saw to cut the boards in half. My brother has a similar model and said he loves his.

I wanted to cut the boards in half for 2 reasons. 1, I figured that they'd be easier to bend being smaller, and 2, I believed that the Trex composite boards are strong enough to support the weight just fine with how close the support posts are.

It was pretty easy to cut through the boards with the saw. It had gone through them very nicely and I got to screw together 4 boards. It was cool seeing the seat come together. I love working with the Trex boards. There's not enough to sit on yet and try it out though.




Comments

Popular Posts